Mrs. Shaw and the Fatal Cooking Mistake

A woman named Mrs. Shaw made the news in the Lancaster Gazette, 1830, when she accidentally poisoned everyone at her dinner party, including herself.

Mrs. Shaw's fatal cooking mistakeMrs. Shaw’s fatal cooking mistake Sat, Sep 4, 1830 – 3 · The Lancaster Gazette (Lancaster, Lancashire, England) · Newspapers.com

Best not to mix that arsenic and bold taste.

Find more like this with a browse through Newspapers.com.

Share using:

One thought on “Mrs. Shaw and the Fatal Cooking Mistake

  1. That is incredible! I would have thought also that if the pot had been washed an reused in the meantime that it was safe. Moral of this story is to keep one pot for killing rats!

Comments are closed.