Many people ask us, “Why don’t you have this or that newspaper? Where can I get access to this newspaper archive?” Many times the answer is: We just don’t have the rights to that newspaper or the publisher still owns the rights to that paper so you will have to contact the publisher. Today we are introducing Newspapers.com Publisher Extra. Publisher Extra is a subscription that provides unique access to many newspapers’ archives that are still under copyright with editions as recent as last month. By working directly with publishers, we are now able to provide access to long runs and recent editions of some the most valuable papers out there. Even if you don’t subscribe to the Publisher Extra subscription, every Newspapers.com Basic subscriber will get access to the out-of-copyright* editions for these newly added newspapers as they become available. For more recent years you will need to upgrade to Publisher Extra. Here is a list of some of the papers available today.
Featured Newspapers with Publisher Extra Issues
– Denotes Publisher Extra years available
- Arizona Republic (1850-1921, 1923–2015)
- Cincinnati Enquirer (1841–1922, 1923–2015)
- Courier-Journal (1830–1922, 1923–2015)
- Des Moines Register (1871–1922, 1923–2015)
- Detroit Free Press (1831–1922, 1923–2015)
- Indianapolis Star (1903–1922, 1923–2015)
- The Poughkeepsie Journal (1785–1922, 1923–2015)
- The Tennessean (1812–1922, 1949–2015)
- The Pantagraph (1848–1963, 1964–2013)
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (1786–1922, 1923–2014)
- Palm Beach Post (1850-1922, 1923–2004)
- The Sydney Morning Herald (1831–1955, 1956–2015)
- and many more… See complete list.
We are excited to offer this one-of-a-kind subscription for those who are interested in access to longer run newspaper archives that have never been available online before. If you’re a newspaper publisher and would like to know how to work with us to get your newspaper archive online, please contact us.
*Newspapers.com Basic subscribers will still have access to the years up through 1922 and in some cases even up through 1963 for these newly added newspapers.